OFFICE OF PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT
NOTICE OF VACANCIES
FOR THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN PUBLIC SECTOR
DATE OF ISSUE: 2 SEPTEMBER 2005
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16 SEPTEMBER 2005*
The Notice of Vacancies provides a list of public sector job vacancies. It is published weekly and should be made available to public sector employees at their usual place of work.
For enquiries regarding placement of vacancies and other advertisements in this Notice please phone 8226 2833. For distribution enquiries ring Government Publishing SA on 8207 0910.
If you are interested in any of the jobs listed, contact the person identified for a copy of the Job & Person Specification or to discuss the position.
From time to time information about matters which may affect your employment will be published in this Notice. If you are employed under the Public Sector Management Act, please check any Public Service Notices from the Commissioner for Public Employment.
In relation to any commercial advertising in the Notice, the views expressed are not necessarily those of the Commissioner for Public Employment.
Applications for Vacancies
To be considered for any of the jobs listed in this Notice you must send your application to the address at the end of each advertisement, ensuring that it is received by the correct person AND by the closing date. All written applications will be treated in confidence.
Those who need help to understand the contents of this Notice can phone the Interpreting and Translating Centre on 8226 1990 (all hours).
* Unless shown otherwise
THE NOTICE OF VACANCIES CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS:
· Eligibility to apply for vacancies contained in this Notice
· Public Service Notices (published when required)
· Public Sector Management Act (PSM Act) salaried vacancies
· South Australian Health Commission Act (SAHC Act) vacancies
· Other Public Sector salaried vacancies
· Weekly Paid vacancies
PUBLIC EMPLOYEES DETERMINED TO BE 'RELEVANT PUBLIC EMPLOYEES' UNDER REGULATION 11 OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR MANAGEMENT ACT
In addition to Public Sector Management Act employees, only applications received from persons either employed by the following organisations or in the arrangements specified below will also be accepted for all vacancies listed unless marked (Advt) which are also being advertised in the public press.
· Public Sector Management Act employees of administrative units (includes those employees appointed subject to the provisions of the Act (ie ongoing) and those employees appointed on a contract basis (ie temporary, casual and longer term contract employees))
· Hourly, daily and weekly paid employees of administrative units
· Employees of administrative units employed under the Children’s Services Act, 1985, the Education Act, 1972 or the Technical and Further Education Act, 1975
· Police Officers employed in the Police Department who are Legal Officers, Engineers, Psychologists and Research Officers to whom Clause 29(f) of the Police Officers Award applies
· Participants of equal employment opportunity programs gazetted by the Minister under Section 67 of the Public Sector Management Act, in line with processes approved by the Commissioner for Public Employment. Further details on specific programs are provided in Appendix 1 of PSM Act Determination 2 - Recruitment and Employment of Non Executive Employees
Persons currently employed by South Australian Public Sector agencies through the South Australian Public Sector Graduate Recruitment Program for the first 12 months of employment under that Program
Presiding Officer, Promotion and Grievance Appeals Tribunal
· persons employed in the following public sector agencies and other organisations:
· Carclew Youth Performing Arts Centre Incorporated
· Chiropractors Board of South Australia
· Courts Administration Authority, but only those appointed pursuant to the Courts Administration Act, 1993 including those appointed pursuant to Section 6(3) of the Sheriff’s Act, 1978
· Country Arts SA
· Country Fire Services Board
· Dairy Authority of South Australia
· Education Adelaide
· Essential Services Commission of South Australia
· Government House
· History Trust of South Australia
· Homestart Finance, but only those employees who were formerly employees of the South Australian Housing Trust and who were transferred to Homestart Finance by proclamation of the Governor on 21 December 1995.