30 V.S.A. 248 authorizing the construction ) DOCKET NO. 7156
1. Q. Please state your name and address.A: Luis Guzman, 1389 King George Farm Road, Sutton, Vermont 05867.
2. Q. Please state whether you own or lease the property identified above.
A: I own my property.
3. Q. Please state how long you have owned or leased the residence identified above.
A: We have owned our property for three (3) years.
4. Q. Please state the age of all persons who reside or frequent the residence identified above.
A: I am forty nine (49). My wife is forty seven (47). Our children are ages fourteen (14), twelve (12), eleven (11), ten (10) and ten (10).
5. Q. Please describe where your residence is located in relation to the proposed wind turbine sites.
A: Our home is approximately one and half (1.5) miles west of the proposed Norris Mountain site.
6. Q. Do you have a clear, unobstructed, ridgeline view of the proposed project area from your residence or adjacent property? If yes, please state from what direction you have a view of the ridgeline(s).
A: Yes. We have unobstructed views from the west to northwest.
7. Q. Do you have a clear, unobstructed, ridgeline view of the proposed project area from inside your residence? If yes, please state from what direction you have a view of the ridgeline(s).
A: Yes. We have panoramic views from inside our residence with the exception of the east side of our home.
8. Q. Please describe the types of recreational or leisure activities you and/or your family engage in on your property
, such as, gardening, hiking, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, birdwatching, barbecuing, getting together with family
A: We enjoy horseback riding, gardening, hiking, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, birdwatching, swimming, reading, mountain climbing, outdoor meditation, barbecuing, and just being together as a family.
9. Q. If the turbines are constructed, will you be able to see them from the location(s) on your property where the activities identified above occur?
A: Of course!
10. Q. How would you describe the existing view you have from your property in the direction of the proposed turbines?
A: From our property, the view is serene, exhilarating, breathtaking, peaceful, tranquil and honestly, the reason we moved here.
11. Q. Please state what impact, if any, you believe turbine construction will have on your use and enjoyment of your property.
A: The construction of these turbines will take away all of our desire to engage in so many of the activities that we value so highly. It would not physically allow us, for safety reasons, the same opportunities to enjoy our outdoor life the way we currently do because of the noise, the site and the close proximity of the turbines to our property.
12. Q. Are there other locations on the road or street where you live, or other locations in your town which you frequent, that have clear, unobstructed views of the proposed wind turbine sites?
13. Q. Please identify those locations.
A: Most of our neighbor’s homes; the Cemetery, a very personal and private place;
nearby restaurants where we dine, the ski resort we frequent, the Sutton School and various other locations where community activities take place.
14. Q. Please identify any other activities you and/or your family participate in within a ten mile radius of the proposed wind turbine sites, such as, skiing, boating, going to the beach, hiking, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, etc.
A: We enjoy going out for dinner or lunch, golfing, skiing, sharing with friends, mountain climbing, swimming, horseback riding and just being together.
15. Q. If the turbines are constructed, will you be able to see them from the location(s) where the activities you identified above occur.
16. Q. Please state what, if any, impact you believe turbine construction will have on the activities identified above.
A: I believe that the overall impact will be that our long term plan and desire to live here will be greatly diminished. All of the reasons we moved here will no longer have the same value. The sense of tranquility that we feel in our home and on this property will be gone. Not to mention that the resale value of our property will be significantly affected.
17. Q. On average, how many days a year, in the past five years, have you and/or your family engaged in the activities identified above?
A: We engage in these activities daily, depending on the season.
18. Q. Please describe the typical noise levels on or around the property identified above. For example, would you describe the property as very quiet, somewhat quiet, not quiet
, loud, etc.
A: Our property is extremely quiet.