Ana səhifə

At chart sutton village hall


Yüklə 37.15 Kb.
tarix26.06.2016
ölçüsü37.15 Kb.


CHART SUTTON PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE MEETING

HELD ON MONDAY 8TH MARCH 2010

AT CHART SUTTON VILLAGE HALL

PRESENT :- Cllr P Forknall in the Chair, Cllrs C Draper, C Filby (until Item 8.1), L Majin, V Underdown, S Waring and Mrs V Stancombe, Clerk.

IN ATTENDANCE:- County Cllr E Hotson was present until Item 9.2 and Borough Cllr M FitzGerald was present until Item 10.



1.

CHAIRMAN


As it was necessary to appoint a Chairman before proceedings could be undertaken, it was proposed by Cllr Waring, seconded by Cllr Underdown “that Cllr Forknall is appointed as Chair until the Annual Meeting in May”. This was Agreed.


Members stood for a moment of silence as a mark of respect for Ann Rollinson, who had served the Parish as Councillor for 34 years and had been Chair of the Council for over 10 years. It was proposed by Cllr Waring, seconded by Cllr Majin “that a donation of £50 is made to Demelza House in memory of Ann Rollinson”. This was Agreed. Members Noted condolences had been received from KALC, Cllr Eric Hotson, Cllr Fay Gooch, Marden Parish Council, PC Steve Older.



2.

APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from PC Steve Older, PCSO Richard Chainey, Community Warden Liz Lovatt.





3.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Waring for Item 10.4 (cheque for signature).




4.

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 25th JANUARY 2010

Cllr Underdown proposed, seconded by Cllr Waring “that the draft Minutes be approved as a correct record”. This was Agreed and the Chairman signed off the official copy.




5.

POLICE MATTERS


The Clerk reported the crime figures since the last meeting being two incidents of criminal damage, one burglary and one incident of vehicle interference.

The Clerk reported that Community Warden Liz Lovatt had made contact with Sutton Valence Preparatory School that had agreed that the School Car Park could be used on Wednesday 10th March by those attending the funeral of Ann Rollinson at St Michael’s Church.




6.

PARISH PLAN – PAVILION PROJECT

Cllr FitzGerald reported the Pavilion Project was ongoing with funding opportunities continuing to be investigated and the Bill of Quantities soon to be prepared. Cllr Filby will follow up leads from the Kent & Medway Funding Fair. ACTION: CLLR FILBY


7.

HIGHWAYS MATTERS



7.1

Speedwatch


Members Noted the Speedwatch campaign requires more volunteers for one hour each week during the months of operation and discussed how to attract more helpers. Cllr Underdown will request assistance during the Speedwatch Co-ordinator’s Report at the Annual Parish Meeting and Cllr Forknall will try and get some volunteers to come forward. ACTION: CLLR UNDERDOWN/CLLR FORKNALL


8.

RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT MATTERS


8.1

TheVillage Green and Shop

Cllr Filby updated Members on progress of the shop and reported that the shop is doing well with some regular customers. The Post Office is now scheduled to be moved from the Village Hall to the Shop in May.

Improvements to the Village Green were discussed including the provision of a picnic bench and Members considered a quotation from Marmax for a Heavy Duty Picnic bench with extended top. It was proposed by Cllr Underdown, seconded by Cllr Majin “that the Council purchases the Heavy Duty Picnic Bench from Marmax at £455 and MBC are asked to install the bench on the Village Green”. This was Agreed.

ACTION: CLERK




8.2

Annual Parish Meeting


Members Noted that Mr Tony Williams of the Kenward Trust has confirmed he is able to attend to give a presentation at the Annual Parish Meeting. It was proposed by Cllr Majin, seconded by Cllr Forknall “that wine is offered at the meeting”. This was Agreed and Cllr Majin agreed to organise the wine and glasses.

ACTION: CLLR MAJIN



8.3

Helping the Village

Members Noted a resident has offered to provide a website for the Parish free of charge which would complement the Parish Council website. It was Agreed a website may be useful with links to videos of events and Cllr Majin will liaise with the resident to provide relevant information. ACTION: CLLR MAJIN




8.4

Village Clean Up

Members Agreed the next Village Clean Up will be on Saturday 10th April, meeting at 10.00 am at the Village Hall. The Clerk will arrange for the necessary equipment to be loaned from MBC. ACTION: CLERK




8.5

Youth Football Opportunity

Cllr Waring reported that Leeds will be joining with Hollingbourne FC to possibly offer some training sessions for younger children. Cllr Waring to obtain more information and pass to Cllr Underdown for publication in the next Village News. ACTION: CLLR WARING




9.

MATTERS OF REPORT





9.1

County and Borough Councillors

Cllrs Hotson and FitzGerald expressed their sadness at the loss of Ann Rollinson and advised she will be missed not only at Parish level, where her commitment to the Community has been exceptional, but also at the Borough Council where her expertise has been useful to Committees over many years.

Cllr Hotson supports the Pavilion Project and agreed to contribute £1,000 in 2010/11. Cllr Hotson also reported that he had received representations from residents regarding the Speed Limit Review and the proposed increase on Plough Wents Road and advised when the Traffic Orders are published there will be a further period during which objections can be raised. Cllr Hotson also reported that additional funding has been set aside by Highways for road repairs.

Cllr FitzGerald reported attendance at a recent Kent Bus meeting and advised that tenders have been called in and the service incorporating Chart Sutton will be operational for a further four years. Low level buses will be used from 1st April and the Freedom Pass has been extended for travel into Medway. Cllr FitzGerald stressed that use of the Bus Service is important to retain the service.




9.2

Chairman’s Report

Cllr Forknall advised that Ann Rollinson was a Trustee on the Joan Johnson Trust, a charity that assists the needy in Chart Sutton. The Parish Council will be required to nominate another trustee to assist in the running of the Charity. This item was deferred to the next meeting.




9.3

Individual Councillors Reports


Members discussed the KALC Chairmanship Day attended by Cllrs Draper, Forknall, Underdown and Waring on 4th March.


9.4

Clerk’s Reports


9.4.1

EDF Streetlighting Charges


Members Noted that EDF has revised its pricing structure and as a result the cost of the Parish streetlight electricity has doubled. The Clerk provided a quotation from Eon that will halve this cost and it was proposed by Cllr Waring, seconded by Cllr Majin “that the Streetlighting electricity supply is transferred to Eon at a cost of £45 per annum with immediate effect”. This was Agreed. ACTION: CLERK


9.4.2

Neighbourhood Forums


Members Noted KALC are inviting one candidate from each Parish to be represented on the Neighbourhood Forums that are replacing the old Local Boards and Cllr Forknall agreed to be nominated.


10.

FINANCE





10.1

Budget Monitoring Report


The Budget Monitoring report to 28th February 2010 was Noted.


10.2

To note Income received since the last meeting


Cllr Majin perused the records and was satisfied that the balances in hand agreed with the Clerk’s records. Members Noted payments received during the period as follows:





HSBC – Interest on Reserve Account – January & February

£3.43



EDF – Wayleaves

£16.51



LMB – Textile Bank

£51.00



Village News Advertisement Income

£195.00



Shepway, Coxheath, Vinters, Bearsted FCs - 2nd Half Pitch Licence Fee

£800.00



MBC DBG – Village Green Improvements

£500.00










10.3

To approve payments already made


Cllr Majin proposed, seconded by Cllr Waring “that the following payments should be ratified”. This was Agreed.








DD – EDF – Streetlighting

£52.19




SO – V Stancombe – Net Salary & Office Allowance – January

£491.92




SO – V Stancombe – Net Salary & Office Allowance – February

£491.92










10.4

To resolve to make payments as presented for signature

It was proposed by Cllr Majin, seconded by Cllr Underdown “that the Council approve the following payments”. This was Agreed and the cheques were signed.







100665– V Stancombe – Reimbursement of Expenses and Petty Cash

£42.48




100666 – M FitzGerald – Village News

£265.00




100667 – MBC Litterpicking

£82.27




100668 – HMRC – PAYE

£437.22




100669 – V Stancombe – Refund of overpaid NI

£4.98




100670 – P Waring – White lining material

£45.12










10.5

Interim Internal Audit

Members Noted the Report of the Internal Auditor following the Interim Audit on 6th January 2010.





10.6

Statement of Internal Control

Members reviewed the Statement of Internal Control produced by the Clerk and it was proposed by Cllr Majin, seconded by Cllr Waring “that the Statement of Internal Control is signed and included with the year end accounts” This was Agreed and the Chairman and Clerk signed the Statement.





10.7

Annual Review of Effectiveness of Internal Audit

In carrying out its Annual Review, Members confirmed that the internal auditor is independent of the Council and has no involvement in the financial decision making and is competent to carry out an effective audit of the Council’s system of internal control; that the review and scope of the internal audit adequately assesses the Council’s internal controls and management of risk; that Members understand the importance of the relationship between the internal audit and the Council and that adequate preparations are made for the audit procedure and reports received from the Internal and External Auditor are actioned when necessary.





11.

CORRESPONDENCE


The following correspondence received since the last meeting was Noted:

  • MBC JTB Agenda 17th February

  • MBC Planning Committee Agenda 4th February

  • MBC Standards Committee Agenda 3rd February

  • MBC Record of Decision-Regeneration-Estimates 2010/11

  • MBC Record of Decision-Environment-Estimates 2010/11 & Budget Review – Parking Services

  • Kent County Playing Fields Assoc Newsletter – Winter 2009

  • MBC LDDAG Agenda 24th February

  • MBC Planning Committee Agenda 25th February

  • MBC Reports for Decision-Environment-Changes to Concessionary Travel Entitlement

  • KALC Parish News – February 2010



12.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The next Meeting is on Monday 12th April 2010 at Chart Sutton Village Hall.




There being no further matters to be discussed the meeting closed at 9.30 pm.



Minutes – CSPC Meeting – 8/3/10

Page of 3



Verilənlər bazası müəlliflik hüququ ilə müdafiə olunur ©atelim.com 2016
rəhbərliyinə müraciət