1) Which university in India will introduce a chapter on the contribution of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar to the
Answer: Karnataka State Open University
3) Which are the three new high courts constitute in India?
Answer: Meghalaya, Manipur & Tripura
5) Which is the highest gallantry award in India?
Answer: Param Vir Chakra
1. Which team won the Vijay Hazare trophy 2013?
2. Name the Venezuelan President who died recently?
Answer. Hugo Chavez
3. Who won the Celebrity Cricket League 2013?
Answer. Karnataka Bulldozers
11. Who won the 2013 Malaysian Grand Prix?
Answer. Sebastian Vettel
12. Which are the two elements that added to the Periodic Table recently?
Answer. Flerovium and Livermorium
13. Who was crowned the Femina Miss India World 2013?
Answer. Navneet Kaur Dhilon
14. Who won the Miss India International 2013?
Answer. Zoya Arfoz
15. Who is the Chairman of National Innovation Council in India?
Answer. Sam Pitroda
17. Name the personalities who have launched global sim card „Jaxtr SIM‟ for international travelers:
Answer. Sabeer Bhatia and Yogesh Patel
18. When is the First International Happiness Day celebrated?
Answer. 20th March 2013
19. Who is chosen for Saraswati Samman award 2013?
20. Which Indian state made Malayalam must for its government jobs?
23. Who was named „Sportsperson of the year‟ by Tata Steel for her achievements on the occasion of
174th birth anniversary of Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata?
Answer. Deepika Kumari
24. Who won the inaugural Physics Journalism Prize sponsored by the Institute of Physics and Science and Technology Facilities Council?
25. Who was sworn in as Kenya‟s 4th president?
Answer. Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta 3
26. Which former British Prime Minister popularly known as the „Iron Lady‟ passed away on April 8?
Answer. Margaret Thatcher.
Note: She was the longest serving British prime minister (1979-1990) of the 20th century and is the only
woman to have held the office.
27. Who is appointed as Prime Minister of Lebanon?
Answer. Tamam Salam
28. Which country will host ICC World T20 2014?
30. Who is appointed as President of International Chamber of Commerce?
Answer. Rajan Bharti Mittal
31. Who is elected as president of Paraguay?
Answer. Horacio Cartes
32. Who is the lady popularly known as "Human Computer", she died on 21st April 2013?
Answer. Shakuntala Devi
34. Who won the Prestigious Templeton Prize 2013?
Answer. Desmond Tutu.
Note: South Africa‟s Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu has won “2013 Templeton Prize” for his
lifelong work in promoting love and forgiveness.
37. Who got the Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2012?
_Answer. Hindi film actor Pran Krishan Sikand got the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2012. The
93 year old actor, popularly known as Pran, will be the 44th recipient of the top most film award in
38. Who is elected as the President of Venezuela recently?
Answer. Nicolas Maduro
39. India‟s first and only Women Chief Election Commissioner ……………. passed away recently?
40. The 2013 SAARC literature festival was hosted by which place?
41. The President of Bangladesh who passed away recently?
Answer. Zillur Rahman
44. World Water Day was observed on:
Answer. March 22
45. World Tuberculosis Day was observed on:
Answer. March 24
48. The president of Egypt who visited India recently?
Answer. Mohamed Morsi
49. The renowned African novelist and author of „Things Fall Apart‟ who passed away recently?
_Answer. Chinua Achebe
50. Who is appointed as India‟s new permanent representative to the United Nations?
Answer. Asoke Kumar Mukerji
51. Who has been appointed as the chairman of Lalit Kala Academy?
Answer. Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty
52. Who are the three personalities recently selected by the Indian Parliamentary Group for the
Outstanding Parliamentarian Award?
Answer. Arun Jaitley (2010), Karan Singh (2011) and Sharad Yadav (2012)
53. Who is the richest person of the world, as per the ranking released by the Forbes Magazine?
Answer. Carlos Slim (Mexico) 5
54. The famous Kathakali artist and Padmabhushan recipient who passed away recently?
Answer. Kalamandalam Ramankutty Nair
55. Which team won the recently held Santosh Trophy Football tournament?
57. Which Indian Research Centre has announced that it is currently developing the largest magnet in
Answer. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre. The magnet, weighing 50,000 tonnes, is being developed for
the Neutrino Observatory to be set up in Tamilnadu.
58. The newly released Book, “Walking With Lions, Tales from a Diplomatic Past” is written by:
Answer. K. Natwar Singh
59. The president of India was the Chief Guest at the Independence Day celebrations of …………….. on
60. Who has been elected as the new Pope of the Catholic Church?
Answer. Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Argentina. He has chosen the name „Francis‟.
61. India‟s first indigenously developed subsonic cruise missile:
Answer. Nirbhay. The test firing of the missile on March 12 achieved partial success.
62. …………. was selected as the best feature film for the 60th National Film Awards?
Answer. Paan Singh Tomar (Hindi) directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia
63. Which state assembly has started year long celebrations to mark 50 years of its inception?
64. Who has been appointed as the President of the People‟s Republic of China?
Answer. Xi Jinping and Li Keqiang has been appointed as the country‟s new Prime Minister.
65. Who has been elected as the new chairman of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
Answer. S. Gopalakrishnan
66. The Indian who has been appointed as the World Editor of the Time Magazine?
Answer. Bobby Ghosh, He is the first non American World Editor in TIME‟s history.
67. The current winners of Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament?
68. Who scored the fastest debut century test cricket?
Answer. Shikhar Dhawan
69. Which Malayalam film bagged the National award for the best film on social issues?
Answer. Spirit, directed by Renjith 6
70. The world‟s largest biogas plant has been inaugurated in?
Answer. Finland, It has a capacity of 140 MW.
71. Which state celebrated its foundation day as Utkal Divas on April 1?
Note: It was established as a province in the British India on April 1, 1936.
72. The National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) commissioned its first solar power plant in:
Answer. Dadri, Uttar Pradesh
73. The 5th BRICS summit was recently held at:
Answer. Durban, South Africa (March 26-27).
Note: The member states of BRICS are Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
74. The Indian space scientist who has been inducted into the prestigious Satellite Hall of Fame,
Answer. U.R Rao, He is the first Indian to get this rare honour.
75. The Supreme Court of India rejected the plea of the Swiss based drug company …………… to patent the cancer drug called Glivec.
78. Malala Yousafzai has recently signed a deal to publish her autobiography titled …………..
Answer. I Am Malala
80. In which state has the NTPC decided to set up India‟s first geothermal plant?
84. …………… has been declared as the first e-district in Kerala?
87. India‟s new stock exchange, …………. Started trading shares on February 11.
Answer. MCX-Stock Exchange (MCX-SX)
Note: MCX stands for Multi Commodity Exchange. This is India‟s third national level stock exchange,
after Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
88. The code name given to the entire plan of the execution of Afsal Guru, the parliament attack
Answer. Operation Three Star
89. The Ministry of Forests and Environment of India has given clearance to the Tawang Hydroelectric
Project Phase II. In which state is the project situated?
Answer. Arunachal Pradesh
90. The Special Olympics World Winter Games was held from Jan 29 to Feb 5 in:
Answer. Pyeong Chang, South Korea.
91. World‟s tallest Mahatma Gandhi statue was unveiled on Feb 15 in:
Answer. Patna, Bihar
92. Which Indian economist has recently received France‟s highest civilian award, „Commandeur de la
Legion d‟Honneur‟ (Legion of Honour)?
Answer. Amartya Sen
95. Who has taken over as the new Chairman of NASSCOM (National Association of Software Services
Answer. Krishnakumar Natarajan
96. Which company launched the electric car named e2o?
Answer. Mahindra & Mahindra
97. India started Visa on Arrival (VoA) facility from April 1 for the senior citizens of which neighboring
98. NPHCE, the newly launched programme by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare stands for:
Answer. National Programme for the Health Care of the Elderly.
99. Which Booker prize winning novelist and screenwriter known for the novel „Heat and Dust‟
passed away recently?
Answer. Ruth Prawer Jhabvala.
100. Who has created history by becoming the first Indian on a solo non-stop trip across the world in a
Answer. Lieutenant Commander Abhilash Tomy
101. Miss Universe 2012 is:
Answer. Olivia Culpo
102. The recipient of Bharath Muni Samman 2012 is:
Ans. Hema Malini
103. Pranab Mukherjee: The All Season Man was written by whom?
Answer. Sukhendu Sekar Ray
104. The new Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh is:
Answer. Virbhadra Singh
105. The Director of Film „Life of Pi‟?
Answer. Ang Lee
106. The new Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is:
Answer. Ranjit Sinha
107. The new Director General of the Border Security Force (BSF) is:
Answer. Subash Joshi
108. „Controversially Yours‟ was written by:
Answer. Shuhaib Aktar
109. „Broken Republic‟ was written by:
Answer. Arundhati Roy
110. I.K Gujral‟s autobiography is:
Answer. Matters of Discretion
112. At which location, India‟s first all Women Post Office was recently inaugurated?
Answer. New Delhi
113. Which was the theme for „International Women‟s Day 2013‟?
Answer. „A Promise is a promise: Time for action to end violence against women.‟ 9
114. Which Indian was awarded SAARC Literature Award in 2013?
Answer. Abhay. K
115. Recently, which state government has announced a new scheme called Kanyasri Prakalpa, to
encourage girls towards higher education?
Answer. West Bengal
116. Recently, who was re-elected for a second term as IAEA Chief?
Answer. Yukiya Amano
118. Who is selected for the prestigious Jnanpith award for the year 2012?
Answer. Ravuri Bharadhwaja for his contributions to Telugu literature